Easy biscotti recipes
Use these easy biscotti recipes. Find gluten free baking ideas, tips and recipe photos for gluten free biscotti and other baking.
My mother has been baking biscotti for years and recently came up with a gluten free recipe. With so many friends and family having a problem with gluten in their food we have started trying existing recipes and converting them.
Mom's Easy Biscotti Recipes:
- 2 c BR Rice Flr Mix (below)
- 3/4c sugar
- 1 tsp BP
- 1tsp xanthan gum (whole foods store)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2tsp almond exract
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp soft butter
- 3/4 c whole almonds lightly toasted and corsely chopped
Oven 300F Lightly grease and flour cookie sheet
Combine flour , sugar, baking power,xgum and salt. Add eggs, extracts and butter. Beat at medium speed until combined. Mix well.Dough will be sticky and crumblyUse your hands to shape dough into two flattened logs. 8in by 2 in wide by 1 in highPlace log on sheet and bake 40-45 min light brown.Remove to cutting board and slice logs diagonally into 1/2 in With cut surfaces down place back on sheet and bake another 15 min wide. Turn over and bake on other side. These don't burn as fast as when you use flour.They will be very dry but good.
Brown Rice Mix: ( Can be used for all baking)
- Brown Rice flour finely grnd 2 cups
- Potato starch (not potato flr) 2/3 cup
- Tapioca Flour (starch) 1/3 cup
Mix well and pour through a sieve a few times.
Gluten Free Biscotti #2:
- 1 package GF cake mix
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup oil [or melted and cooled butter]
- 2 tablespoons GF extracts
- 2 cup toasted nuts [optional]
- 1 cup dried fruits [optional]
Flavorings (choose one):
- 2 tablespoons anise extract with yellow cake batter
- 1/2 teas ground cloves
- 1 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 2 tablespoons almond extract with chocolate cake mix
- 2 teas ground ginger
- 1/2 cup finely chopped candied ginger with yellow cake mix
Preheat oven to 350 and grease a jelly roll pan or cookie sheet with lip on all sides.
Combine all ingredients. Pour into jelly roll pan and cake for 20 to 30 min until tests done. Remove from oven, but keep oven on slice cookies into thirds [the long way] and across in 1/2 inch slices. Remove half and spread out on another jelly roll pan [un-greased] and put back in oven for 3 to 10 min, until golden. Cool and store in air-right container.
Find more easy biscotti recipes